3 x 825g cans apricot halves in natural juice, drained
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar, plus extra 1/4 cup
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 1/2 tbs cornflour
150g amaretti biscuits
75g unsalted butter, chopped
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, sifted
80g flaked almonds
Creme fraiche, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 30cm round baking dish.
- 2.Combine apricots, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and cornflour in a bowl. Set aside.
- 3.Place amaretti in a food processor and pulse until roughly crushed.
- 4.Place butter and extra sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until pale and fluffy. Fold through flour, almonds and amaretti until just combined.
- 5.Transfer apricot mixture to prepared dish and top with amaretti crumb, leaving some apricots exposed. Place dish on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and filling is bubbling (cover with foil if top becomes too brown during cooking).
- 6.Serve hot with creme fraiche.