2 tsp each ground turmeric, cumin, curry powder, and cinnamon
1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, plus extra
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 x 2kg leg lamb, butterflied
2 red onions, sliced into 1½ cm rings
1 cup wholemeal couscous
¼ bunch parsley and mint leaves picked, chopped, plus extra
¼ seedless watermelon, sliced, to serve
¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
labneh, to serve (or Greek yoghurt)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp each ground cinnamon and cumin
- Place spices, 2 tbs olive oil, garlic and lemon zest into a small bowl, season well. Rub spice mix all over lamb, set aside for 20 minutes to marinate, covered.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan over high heat. Place lamb on the pan and cook, turning once, for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a tray, loosely covered with foil. Brush onion with 1 tbs extra oil, season, and cook for 1 minute each side or until tender and charred. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to packet instructions. Once cool, fluff with a fork and stir through herbs, lemon juice and 1 tbs olive oil and season.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients together. Slice lamb and serve with grilled onions, herb couscous, watermelon, sunflower seeds, and drizzle over dressing.