50g unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
Icing sugar, to dust
caramilk dipping sauce
- 180g packet Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- Place 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and a large pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 3 minutes or until butter has melted.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flour. Stir vigorously for 30 seconds or until smooth ball forms. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Use electric beaters to beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Transfer mixture to a piping back fitted with a 2.5cm fluted nozzle.
- Preheat a churros maker. Pipe the batter into the moulds. Close and cook for 5 minutes or until churros are cooked through. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- To make the Caramilk dipping sauce, place the Caramilk, condensed milk, and 2 tablespoons of water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until the mixture is melted and smooth. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Arrange the churros on a serving platter. Dust with icing sugar and serve with the dipping sauce.