- 180g block of Caramilk chocolate
- 500ml full cream milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp cornflour
golden syrup topping
- 125ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 100g extra Caramilk chocolate, to decorate
- 50g butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 80g melted butter
- Line a square slice tin with baking paper and set aside. Place the biscuits into a food processor and blitz until a fine crumb. Place the crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter, mixing to combine.
- To make the filling, place the Caramilk and milk into a saucepan. Melt together over medium heat. Whisk together the eggs and the cornflour until well combined and pale. Once the milk is almost at boiling point, carefully pour it over the egg mix, whisking at the same time.
- Return the milk to the saucepan and continue to whisk over medium heat until thick and smooth (around 3 minutes). Pour the custard over the biscuit base and place into the fridge to set for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To make the golden syrup topping, place the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter into a small saucepan. Place over medium heat, continuing to stir until it develops into a golden caramel colour. Pour it over the custard layer and allow it to set in the fridge for around half an hour.
- To finish the slice, melt the remaining Caramilk in a glass bowl or container in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted. Pipe the melted chocolate on top in a pattern or simply use a fork to dip into the chocolate and drizzle over the top. Cut into squares and serve.
Plus cooling and setting time.
Credits: Best Recipes