200g Arnott’s Lattice biscuits
180g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, finely chopped
100g Cottee’s vanilla instant pudding
2 tbsp custard powder
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper, allowing excess to hang over the side. Arrange lattice biscuits upside down in the base.
- Place milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmering point. Remove from heat. Add half of the chopped Caramilk chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Allow to cool.
- Place 475ml cream in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Sprinkle in instant pudding and custard powder. Beat for a minute until well combined, then add the cooled melted Caramilk and continue beating for 2 – 3 minutes until thick.
- Spread custard mixture over lattice biscuits and smooth. Top with remaining biscuits and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Place remaining cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add remaining chopped Caramilk. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Using overhanging baking paper, remove slice from tin and place on a serving plate. Drizzle over Caramilk glaze, slice into squares and serve.
Choose a cake tin that fits the lattice biscuits snugly. You may need to cut some to fill in the tin.
This recipe was created and photographed by Greer Worsley for Australia’s Best Recipes.
Credits: Best Recipes