1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup plain flour
4 eggs, beaten
180g Caramilk chocolate
for custard cream
100g vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup cream
- To make custard cream, place pudding mix, milk and cream in a bowl and beat with hand-held beaters until thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat the oven to 210C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place milk, water, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat until butter melts. Add flour and beat with a wooden spoon for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add eggs gradually, beating to combine, until you have a smooth paste – you may not need all of the eggs. Place dough in a piping bag and pipe 5cm circles onto the prepared tray. Use a wet finger to gently press the top down to create a smooth dome.
- Place in the oven and drop the heat to 170C. Bake for 20-25 mins until puffed and golden. They should feel hollow when you tap on the base. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Melt Caramilk in the microwave in short bursts until smooth.
- Use a small sharp knife to gently cut the profiteroles in half. Spoon or pipe custard cream onto the bottom half, then replace the top. Drizzle melted Caramilk over and serve.
Credits: Best Recipes