6 slices prosciutto
1/2 small French-style baguette, thinly sliced
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 cos lettuces, outer leaves removed, halved lengthways
1 garlic clove
Shaved parmesan, to serve
1 egg yolk
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
160ml (2/3 cup) light olive oil
1 tbs hot water
- For the dressing, place egg yolk, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a food processor and process until well combined. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until mixture is thick and pale. Beat in hot water. Season. Cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly (to centre the egg yolk). Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 4 minutes. Refresh under cold water. Peel the eggs.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the prosciutto on the tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool completely. Break the prosciutto into large shards.
- Meanwhile, preheat a lightly greased chargrill pan on high. Brush baguette slices with the oil. Cook, in 2 batches, turning, for 2 minutes each side or until bread is golden and charred. Place the bread on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Plunge the lettuce into a large bowl of iced water for 10 minutes to chill. Drain well.
- Arrange the lettuce on large serving plates. Rub one cut side of the bread slices with the garlic clove. Tuck the bread and prosciutto among the lettuce. Cut the eggs in half and place on top of the salad. Sprinkle with the parmesan and drizzle with the dressing.