500g beef sirloin steaks
3 tbsp butter
250g button mushrooms, halved
1 French shallot, peeled, finely chopped
2 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp sweet paprika
250ml (1 cup) Massel Beef Style Liquid Stock
400g can coconut milk
400g dried spiral pasta
1 tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- Season the steaks with salt. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large deep frying pan over high heat. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest until required.
- Melt 1 tbsp remaining butter in the pan until foaming. Add the mushroom and cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden and liquid has evaporated. Add the remaining butter, shallot, curry powder and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the beef stock. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Thinly slice the steak. Return to the pan with any juices. Toss to combine. Season. Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with the stroganoff and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Tip: Make it dairy-free by swapping butter for coconut oil. Boost the vegetables in this dish by adding baby spinach, chopped kale or grated carrot just after you add the coconut milk in step 3.