¼ cup (60mL) olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 kg lamb mince
1 carrot, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 medium eggplant or zucchini, diced
1 tbsp KEEN’S Traditional Curry Powder
2 tbsp plain flour
2 cups (500mL) chicken stock
1 x 400 g can diced tomatoes
1 cup podded broad beans
1/4 cup (35g) pine nuts
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
1/2 cup (125 mL) cream
60 g butter, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook stirring for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the lamb and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add carrot, celery and eggplant to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle curry powder and flour over mince mixture and stir in. Slowly pour in the stock stirring continually as mixture thickens to ensure no lumps.
- Add tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes. Stir through broad beans, pine nuts and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potato in a medium saucepan of water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until soft. Drain and return to the pan. Mash together with the cream and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (160˚C fan forced). Transfer the mince mix to an ovenproof dish (2L/8 cup capacity), top with the sweet potato mash and place in oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
Credits: Best Recipes