1 1/2 cups hot water
250 g butter
200 g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups caster sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- In a saucepan over low heat melt together, butter, cocoa, chocolate, sugar, vanilla and hot water.
- When cooled add flour and eggs and mix well. The mixture will be very runny.
- Pour into a lined 30 cm cake tin and bake at 150 C for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
- When cool sprinkle with icing sugar.
- May be served re-heated in the microwave or cool with cream or ice cream
Credits: Best Recipes