- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Seasoning (as above)
- 1 large red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sleeve fresh coriander, stalks finely chopped and leaves set aside (half for guacamole, half to finish the meat)
- 500g beef mince
- 2 x 400g tins red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200ml passata
- 2 ripe avocados
- Large handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Grated cheddar cheese
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- Greek yoghurt
- Corn chips
- To make the nacho seasoning, lightly toast the cumin and coriander seeds and grind them to a fine powder in a pestle and mortar. Add the smoked paprika and oregano and set aside.
- To make the meat mix, heat some oil in a frypan over medium heat and add the onions, coriander stalks and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Turn the heat up and add the meat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until well-coloured and add the spiced seasoning mix. Stir to coat well.
- Add the beans and passata and mix well. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the juice of 1 lime (or to taste) and a small handful of chopped, fresh coriander leaves to finish.
- To make the guacamole, add the flesh of the avocados to a bowl and roughly mash with a fork. Add the coriander leaves and lime and season with salt.
- Serve with corn chips and chosen toppings.
Credits: Best Recipes