2 tbs olive oil
250g lean beef mince
1 garlic clove
1 400g tin crushed tomatoes
300g Heinz Baked Beanz can
1 tsp dried oregano
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 small sweet potato, thinly sliced
375g fresh ricotta
3/4 cup strong parmesan grated
1 small lemon, zest only
6 – 8 instant lasagne sheets
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an ovenproof dish approximately 24cm x 14cm x 7cm. In a saucepan on medium heat add the olive oil and beef. Brown the beef for 3 minutes then add the garlic. Cook for a minute and add the tomatoes, Heinz baked beans, oregano and season. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Then set aside.
- In a bowl add ricotta, half the parmesan, the lemon zest, and pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
- To layer start with 1/4 of beef and bean mixture on the base of the dish. Then add pasta sheets to cover bean mixture (but don’t overlap pasta). Add the 2nd 1/4 of bean mixture, lay slices of sweet potato, slices of zucchini. Spoon over 1/3 of the ricotta mixture to cover the surface area.
- Add the next sheets of pasta, making sure to cover the whole area but not overlap. Add the 3rd 1/4 of bean mixture, sweet potato to cover, zucchini to cover and half of the remaining ricotta mixture.
- Add pasta to cover the area, press down lightly and add the last of the bean mixture, the last of the ricotta to fully cover the dish and add the other half of the parmesan.
- Sit on a tray on the bottom shelf of the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Take out and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Make sure your layer covers the whole area of the baking dish and be sure not to overlap each ingredient too much. Ensure your ricotta is very fresh. If it’s too hard or dense you won’t be able to spread it and it will be too dry.
Credits: Best Recipes