1 tbsp peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 birdseye chilli, finely sliced
3 shallots, finely sliced
500g chicken mince
1.5 litres Massel* Chicken Style Liquid Stock
400g ready-to-eat thin noodles
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil, plus extra to garnish
Coriander, to garnish
Extra shallots, to garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add garlic, chilli and shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mince and cook until well browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then add noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring so the noodles don’t stick. Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Check for seasoning and add salt or a little more soy sauce if required.
- Serve in bowls with coriander and extra shallots to garnish, and an extra drizzle of sesame oil.
- Add more or less chilli according to taste. If you really like chilli, serve with some good-quality Asian chilli sauce to stir through.
- There are so many noodles to choose from in the supermarket these days. Ready-to-eat varieties can be found on the shelf and in the fridge. You can even use 2-minute noodles if that’s all you have.
Credits: Best Recipes