ingredients | cookies
30.5 ounces Devil’s food cake mix (2 packages)
1 cup softened butter (or can use 2/3 cup oil)
ingredients | frosting
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
method | cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, and butter together in a large bowl. Mix just until combined. Roll dough into a ball and push flat on the pan.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the centers no longer look wet. Be careful not to over bake. Allow them to cool on the pan for a couple minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
method | frosting
- While the cookies are cooling, whip up your cream cheese frosting. Combine the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer. Once smooth, slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if desired for a thicker frosting.
- Frost the BOTTOM of the cookies and then grab another cookie to put on top.