½ cup (125ml) honey
2 tbs harissa (optional)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
8-10 (1.2kg) free-range chicken drumsticks
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
1 cup (140g) pearl couscous
1 tin (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup parsley and mint, leaves picked and chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
Seeds of ½ a pomegranate (120g)
½ cup (80g) almonds, toasted and chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line three baking trays with baking paper.
- Put honey, harissa (if using), garlic, lemon zest, and half the juice into a large bowl. Season and stir to combine. Add chicken and turn to coat, then transfer to two of the trays.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Loosely cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Put broccoli onto third tray, drizzle with 1 tbs oil, and season. Roast for 10 minutes or until golden but still crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to packet instructions, then drain and cool under cold running water. Place into a large bowl with broccoli, chickpeas, herbs, pomegranate seeds, and almonds.
- For the dressing, combine remaining lemon juice, olive oil, and spices, then season. Add to couscous mixture and toss to combine.
- Arrange salad on a large platter, top with drumsticks, and scatter with extra herbs.