340g golden butter cake mix
2/3 cup water
3 tbs Lurpak* Butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar mixture *to decorate
2 tbs custard powder
2 tbs caster sugar
2 tsp lemon rind, grated
1 cup milk
- To make the lemon custard, combine custard powder, sugar, rind and enough milk to make a smooth paste in a saucepan.
- Stir in remaining milk over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Allow to cool.
- Make cake according to instructions on packet using eggs, water and butter.
- Line 2 x 12-hole patty pans with the paper patty cases.
- Spoon half the mixture into patty cases. Top each with 2 level tsp of lemon custard.
- Spoon over remaining cake mixture to cover custard.
- Cook at 180C for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust cakes with sifted icing sugar to decorate.
2 12-hole cupcake pan
24 paper patty cases
I have also made these gluten-free with a suitable packet cake mix from the health.
Credits: Best Recipes