750g (about 4) coliban potatoes, washed
1 brown onion, peeled, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus extra (optional), to sprinkle
80g (1 cup) pre-grated 3 cheese blend
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on High for 10 minutes or until par-cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened but not browned. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Peel and coarsely grate the potato. Add to the onion mixture along with the rosemary. Toss to coat. Season well. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Grease a 6-hole 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pan with oil. Divide the potato mixture evenly among the prepared muffin holes, pressing down with the back of a spoon to compact. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Use a round-bladed knife to loosen the fricos. Serve sprinkled with extra rosemary, if using.