1 pkt vegetables for soup (see note)
2 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken thigh cutlets, excess fat trimmed, scored
4 chicken drumsticks, scored
3 large sprigs fresh rosemary, plus extra, to serve
300ml Bulla Cooking Cream
40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
Crusty bread slices, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Peel and halve the onion. Finely chop one half and cut the remaining half into wedges.
- Finely chop the celery and garlic . Place in a large roasting dish with the chopped onion . Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil . Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the potato , carrot , parsnip and swede . Chop into 3cm pieces.
- Place the chicken on top of the celery mixture. Arrange the onion wedges, potato, carrot, parsnip, swede and rosemary around the chicken. Roast for 45 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are crisp.
- Combine the cream and parmesan in a jug and drizzle over the vegetables and around the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cream is bubbling.
- Sprinkle the bake with extra rosemary. Serve with crusty bread .
Packets of soup vegies are available in the fresh fruit and vegetable section of supermarkets in autumn and winter. While they contain slightly different root vegetables, ours contained 1 brown onion, 1/2 celery stick, 2 garlic cloves, 2 potatoes, 2 carrots, 1 parsnip and 1/2 swede.