2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1 tbs finely chopped thyme leaves
2 tbs chopped oregano leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
1⁄2 cup (75g) plain flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 x 180g chicken breasts
Sunflower oil, to shallow fry
80g provolone cheese
500g vine cherry tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Combine the panko, thyme, oregano and 1 tsp salt in a bowl then place the our and egg in separate bowls.
- Flatten the chicken breasts slightly with a rolling pin, then individually coat in the flour, then the egg and then the panko mix.
- Preheat oven grill to high.
- Heat 11⁄2cm oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes a side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Top with torn pieces of cheese then add tomatoes to the tray, drizzle with a little oil and season.
- Place under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and bubbling and tomatoes are starting to collapse. Serve scattered with extra oregano.