4 chicken breast fillets deboned large skinless
1/2 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
1/3 cup oyster sauce
6 tbs brown sugar
6 garlic cloves crushed
1 1/2 tbs cornflour
4 tbs water
1/4 cup spring onions sliced *to garnish
1 tbs sesame seeds *to garnish
- Whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar and garlic cloves in slow cooker bowl. Place chicken into the sauce, rotating to coat. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low setting.
- When the sauce is simmering (in the last hour of cooking time), whisk the cornflour and water together in a small bowl until dissolved. Stir the cornflour mixture into the sauce; mix it through and cover again to allow to thicken and continue cooking until the chicken is just beginning to fall apart.
- Serve with steamed greens and rice. Garnish with sliced shallots and sesame seeds.
- Crush the garlic with the back of your knife – do not mince.
- You can also use chicken thighs instead of breasts if preferred.
Credits: Best Recipes