1 tbsp olive oil
2 brown onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1/3 cup rogan josh curry paste
1.5kg lamb shoulder, diced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup chicken or beef stock
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan and cook onions, garlic and ginger for 4-5 minutes until onions are soft. Transfer to the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Add curry paste to the frypan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes to release the flavours. Add half the diced lamb and stir to coat in the curry paste. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until sealed and starting to brown.
- Remove pieces of lamb to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining lamb, sealing it well and ensuring it is coated in some of the curry paste. Finally, cook off tomato paste in the frypan for 1 minute, then pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil. Pour this mixture over the lamb in the slow cooker. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours until lamb is tender and falls apart with a fork.
- Serve with steamed rice and fresh coriander.
Adjust the spiciness by adding more or less curry paste.
I bought a boneless lamb shoulder and diced it, but you can buy diced lamb.
Credits: Best Recipes