1/2 cup milk
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 x 50g Snickers chocolate bars, chopped
1 3/4 cups boiling water
Whipped cream, to serve
Chopped salted roasted peanuts, to serve
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pure cream
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease an 8-cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Place butter, milk and 2/3 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until butter has melted. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Cool for 5 minutes.
- ft over flour and half the cocoa powder. Stir to combine. Stir in egg and half the chopped Snickers bars.
- Spread mixture into prepared dish. Place dish on a baking tray. Sift remaining cocoa powder over mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Pour boiling water, over the back of a large metal spoon, over mixture. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until pudding springs back in centre when touched. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Caramel sauce: Stir ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Top pudding with whipped cream, peanuts and remaining chopped Snickers. Serve drizzled with caramel sauce.